Monday, October 11, 2010

blog #5 the strange traveller

The day I met this man, Jean Valjean, a normal day in which I was just having dinner with my family at my precious home after a long day of work and then suddenly a knock on our front door was heard from my oldest son. Me and my wife went to open the door and their he was, a homeless man who looked so bad with his dirty and ripped clothes. We felt awful watching a man like this asking if we could give him any housing. We were doubtful because we did not know who this man was, he might have been an assasin or a stealer but stillwe had a little of compassion and that poor man seemed so harmless, so we let him come in.

When the man came in, we gave him some bread and some clean clothes. He did not even say "thank you" and at the dinner table, he did not led a word out of his mouth. Later on my oldest son came back to me again and asked me why that man was in our house, so I told him that we cannot be like that cruel people which did not gave help to anyone, that were very mean and that they only connected with someone for some kind of interest, for somthing that person might provide. But my son told me, It is not about that what I am talking about father, this man is an ex-convict, we will get in big trouble if we do not get him out of this house right now. I did not know if what my son was telling me was the truth, I believed in him but if I did not know that, how would he know.

 I went and called a friend that propably knew who this man was, meanwhile my wife was still with the homeless in our dinning table. My friend told me this man, was called jean valjean and he was an ex convict, that had been in jail for 19 years approximately and he had escaped like 5 times and if I kept him in my house, the minister or government will put me and my family in big trouble. I was nervous because their was no way I could know how this man was going to react, so what I first did was to call upon my wife, and tell her. But that was a mistake, because the first thing she did after freaking out she just went directly to the man, took the clothes we lended and the little bread left from him, and kicked him out of the house. He knew why we had kicked him out, he said he just did not say anything because he knew that was exactly what was going to happen. I felt so bad for this guy, but still we could not hold him with us and let him stay. Even though I wanted to help him, I could not. I could not for my own saftey.




No comments:

Post a Comment